Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thunderphobia

I don't know why my Spoiled One has thunderphobia. Weasel usually has the market cornered on neurotic. Anyway, last night, Weasel, the cat, and I were all curled up on the bed peacefully sleeping. Suddenly, Spoiled One leaps up on the bed. He landed on Weasel, and dodged over to stomp on the cat, then slunk over to huddle against me, trembling in terror. I hadn't even heard the thunderclap, but that's about the only thing that sets him off like that.

I can remember playing with him in the midst of hailstorms when he was younger. I don't know what changed his opinion. I hear rumors that it can be a vaccine reaction. It seemed to develop when we moved to New Mexico, with the wonderful thunderstorms we have here - especially after he was left out in it once. I suspect he was tramatized and I must have unconsciously encouraged his fear after that.

Poor puppy. I didn't mean to give him a phobia.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home