Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Search for Shoes


There is a strange phenomena that occurs at my house. I can never find two matching shoes.
Several years ago, I taught The Spoiled One to bring me my shoes when he wanted to go for a walk. Unfortunately, he learned. I failed to take into account that he always wants to go for a walk. So, now, wherever I go, piles of shoes appear. I go in the bathroom, there's a pile waiting when I come out. I sit down a read a book, and a collection gathers. Shoes everywhere, and never where I last put them!
Of course, The Spoiled One can only carry one shoe at a time. When the first shoe offering doesn't receive recognition, he goes and gets another shoe. Each shoe selection has no relation to the prior shoe - he doesn't bring matched sets. So, one tennis shoe is in the living room, another in the kitchen, or stuffed under the desk, or in the garage, or buried in the clothes hamper. He is quite creative.
The photograph above shows the arrangement he created for me this morning, as I drank a cup of coffee. There are three white tennis shoes he has lined up in a row, and a random brown shoe he threw in for variety. None of those tennis shoes matches any of the others. I saw the other half of one pair earlier in the bathroom. Another is in the shoe storage unit where he found them all. I have no idea where the third match is. I haven't seen it for days. Which sort of explains why I have three pairs of white tennis shoes.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Cynthia Blue said...

LOL. Our rescue collie girl, Angel, loves to pick up and carry anything she can. Usually it's shoes the husband leaves out. The shoes usually end up out the dog door. In the winter it's rather a pain. None of them are ever chewed, but if you don't put your shoes up, they will end up somewhere unexpected!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home