Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weasel Was Bitten

Well, Weasel was bitten yesterday at flyball practice. I believe the other dog was just resource guarding the tennisball. He had an "incident" with another dog and made snarly faces at several others.



No real harm done, though I did some quick obedience with her afterward to get her out of the defensive zone. She passed near the other dog several times afterward with no signs of aggression on her part. My poor puppy.



Other than that, practice kind of sucked because it was hot. No one really wanted to be there, but it was my last chance for team practice before Weasel's first tournament. Ironically, Weasel did well, no jump skipping or ball dropping, came back nicely. I want more speed out of her. It was too hot, though and she was a black dog on a hot day. She gave what she could, which is all I can ask of her. I'll see how she does at the tournament.



Spoiled One pulled a little skip the jumps coming back kind of stuff, but got over it. He was a good boy. It's kind of hard to believe he'll be eight.



In shop news, I did a new design. It's all environmentalisty, not flyball, however.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 5, 2008 at 8:40 AM , Blogger R3K9S said...

I can totally relate to the "too hot for practice"! But, we are so obsessed I wouldn't have it any other way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home