Monday, May 12, 2008

Trying To Build Tug Drive

Well, I'm working on it. It's difficult, though, when you have a 60lb dog. But, tonight, Spoiled One and I did the fetch and tug, fetch and tug, fetch and tug. I made growly noises and swung that great goliath of a dog in circles with the tug. I let him win and play keep away with the tug. He seemed a little invested in it at the end, standind over the tug and wagging and looking at me. There is still the long pause while he decides to spit out the ball and take the tug. We'll try lots more of that.

Weasel was doing better. She spits out that ball and hits the tug on the fly. I hope it will carry over to team practice this weekend. There was a little bit of phoning it in - mouthing the tug then waiting for me to throw the ball again. Practice, practice, practice. At least she doesn't hurt my back when she tugs. I couldn't get her to do keep away or win when we played tug. The minute I let go, she dropped it, if not before.

They're both very intuitive dogs. I think if I stick with it, they'll get into it. If this doesn't work, maybe I'll get something washable and put Cheese Whiz on it and sew squeakers in it, until I get some enthusiasm from the dogs.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home