Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saturday Practice

The 45 minute drive to Los Lunas is worth it just let the dogs play in that field.   It was a beautiful day for practice.  We all arrived at about the same time, and as soon as the dogs were let out of the car, they joyously raced around that half-acre field.  I love seeing them stretch out and run.  Demon Puppy kept trying to herd Spoiled One, and Weasel stalked Captain unmercifully.  It seemed like every time I looked around, Weasel was so flat on the ground only her mohawk stuck up above the grass, with her eyes fixed on Captain. 

Demon Puppy ran in great arcs out around the other dogs, or tried to cut off Spoiled One and Nacho as they ran about.  That puppy wants sheep so bad.  I love that beautiful outrun.  So far, it doesn't seem to have caused her any tendency to break off and chase the dog in the other lane.  (knock on wood)  She is so easy I feel like I am cheating somehow.  I'm just starting the over and back over a low hurdle (she got it immediately, of course).  I am also trying to keep up with the fetch/switch, and restrained recalls, catching, and making certain other people call her and she responds.

Anyway, one of my teammates made a video of Spoiled One, Weasel, and a dog named Captain's boxturns (or lack there of) yesterday.  I'm happy with Weasel, but Spoiled One is using the prop as a foot rest.  PITA dog.  I'm not really sure what to do with it at this point.  He is ten years old, so I don't want to do a lot of bouncing off the wall kind of stuff.  Maybe I can work on having him sit up and other things to emphasize those back feet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home