Monday, July 5, 2010

Little Demon Puppy Goes Visiting

The little Demon Puppy is getting far enough in her sequence of shots that I am feeling more secure taking her out and about, and she needs to get socialization in. So she has been meeting other dogs,






and other people, including some young children and an infant, which I am thrilled she gets a chance to be around. (There are some VERY cute pictures of her with the baby, from flyball practice, but she's not my kid so I'm not going to post pictures on the web without asking her family. But they are VERY cute. I mean, seriously, a puppy, a baby, what more could you ask for in cuteness?)

Sekhmet and her Aunt Shock (in the picture above) went on a walkabout in a local pet store to see new things and new people, and lots of strangers skritched the puppy. I am amazed at how many people know exactly what she is:

"Oh, they are so cute! What color are their eyes?"
"The puppy has one blue eye and one brown eye"
"Akitas!"
"?"
"Akitas!"

That was a new one. I am used to people thinking she's an aussie. Maybe a cattledog. But an Akita?

I suspect it's karma coming to get me because I have a pound puppy border collie that I fake registered in AKC as a mixed breed so she can compete in events (I couldn't find the ILP link at the time), that people keep picking on me and telling me "that is a purebred border collie." Now I have an AKC registered purebred border collie that people are calling an Akita. Karma.




Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home