Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jinxed


Poor little Weasel. I noticed something going on with her foot before the tournament, but I thought it was just a dirt clot in the hair between her toes that had irritated it. It turns out she had cracked a toenail, and every heat she ran made it worse, until I noticed the bleeding. We did the best we could with Quickstop, trimming, and nail glue, and I pulled her, but a lot of damage had been done. She was running at 4.9, nearly a second slow.
The vet saw her on Wednesday, trimmed things up as best as possible, and now Weasel's on Epsom salt soaks and antibiotics. I'm not happy about the antibiotics because I believe they are over perscribed. The reason we have all these antibiotic resistant supergerms is because of unnecessary antibiotics. The vet thinks I should wait several weeks before I let her hit the box again.
The most frustrating part is that I know it's my fault she was hurt. I didn't trim her nails enough. I didn't investigate more thoroughly why she kept messing with her foot.
Well, now I know, I guess. Poor puppy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home