Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday Flyball Practice

We had a good practice, I think. Not a lot of downtime. Weasel seems to be responding well to the flying squirrel frisbee/tug. Z-dog didn't inspire any swerving out of the lane or other reactions in dogs passing him. No injuries were reported, unlike last week, but, then, everyone was wearing gloves and there were no children around.

Weasel's box turn is still very iffy, though, and I was a bad dog handler and forgot to insist on the jump in front. I will do box work with her this week. Also, I was soliciting suggestions to speed her up and the suggestion was made that I bounce her off the wall, so I will do that a bit. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to chime in. I believe the weakness is her inconsistant boxturn. Also, I believe I need to be more consistent in my "rrrreaaaady, rrrreeeeaaady, RRREADY? GO!" cueing. She was jumping out of my hold and taking off early, rather than digging in and getting a good start.

This weekend I should work on the designs for the team shirts. I want to get them ready in time to order for the Texas tournament. Also, maybe I should have some unofficial flyball award keychains and car window decals made up to take down there.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home